Friday 26 February 2010

Narration Script by Maiken Davidson

Below is the narration script that Freddie (Kate) will do a voice over for.

“It takes a long time to grow an old friend”


I’m Kate and that’s Ashleigh. We do everything together. We don’t have secrets, well from each other anyway (little laugh).


We’re the best of friends. Are mums met before we were born at some Antenatal class. Born just hours apart. We were linked from the start. My best friend, my sister, a single soul in two bodies.


There she is. She’s been acting a bit…different lately. Like she’s not completely there. I’ve put it down to some guy she likes, she’s way too good for him, but she’s stubborn and won’t have any of it. We’re shopping for the perfect outfit today for our spring formal, dress to impress she says. (Afterthought of Kate) Yeah cause he says so. I’m not going to let that come between us today.


Ash is the best person to shop with, she can always spot the bargain and we always have a laugh trying on things and joking around. Getting disapproving looks from the staff. (laugh again)


The park. We always come here. Ever since we were little we’d come after a day out. It’s our little tradition. Whenever one of us was upset you’d always know were the other one would go.


Hide and seek? Why does she want to play that?? We’ve not played that in years, Ash always used to be the best hider, it would take me ages to find her. She never came out when I called for her after getting fed up. She would stay in her hiding place until I would finally find her. I hated that. I hated the fact I could never find her, I used to shout and cry until I found her. I couldn’t bear the thought of me never finding her.


14…16…..19. Right here it goes. Okay so she’s no where downstairs, that’s fine, she may be upstairs in my room or the bathroom…though I doubt you could find a hiding place in there.


Ok, ok, ok Kate calm down! She’s not in your room, surely she wouldn’t go in your sisters or parents bedrooms. She knows they would kill us if they found out we’d been in there. Ash? Ash?? ASH???


Then it hit me. She’s not here. She’s gone. She really is gone. Its like losing a part of me.

I lost my best friend 3 months ago. I tried to keep her alive. I knew she had to go one day….. but without saying goodbye to me. I don’t think is right.


But I miss you. So much, Everyday. It feels like a piece of me is missing.

Going to college without you isn’t the same. Going clubbing isn’t the same. Going shopping isn’t the same. Going to park isn’t the same…I cannot escape.


I’m no good without you. Not having you by my side kills me. I see your mum, the light behind her eyes is gone, I don’t know about mine.


"One's best friend is oneself"



No comments:

Post a Comment